November 28, 2014

Ligas 1 Drum and Lyre Performs in the City Meet Opening Ceremony

Our school's Drum and Lyre Corps performed in the Opening Ceremony of the District Athletic Meet last month, together with three other drum and lyre bands from other schools. 

Among the four drum and lyre bands who performed, two of them will be chosen to play for the Parade of Colors on the Opening Ceremony of the Bacoor City Athletic Meet. 


When the principal announced that we are one of the drum and lyre bands who will perform in the Opening Ceremony and Parade of Colors, they were all proud of themselves as they really gave their best during the District Meet. 

Everybody, including the parents and the teachers, were excited for their next performance! It is another achievement on their part so they immediately started practicing for a few new pieces that they will play for that special day. 


My Princess Reianne gives a smile as she prepares for the parade. It was her first time to perform in an event as big as this one so I can see the excitement in her eyes and feel it running through her bones.


My two princes also posed for a photo as they waited for the parade to start, together with other members of the Drum and Lyre Corps. 



There were other schools who played during the Parade of Colors. I was glad that I was able to capture a photo of them. I love the color of this red-and-white uniform but I preferred the simple lines and design of this blue uniform, patterned after the uniform of the US Navy.


My princess and prince were still in a good mood for another photo, despite the long-distance walk. Of course, I also grabbed this opportunity to have a picture taken with my princess and princes! 


Here is a video of their performance during the Parade of Colors as they play Titanium by French DJ and music producer David Guetta. 


No comments:

Post a Comment